Wednesday, April 29, 2009

::Hong Kong:: Day 1::

The flight was smooth (just a lil hiccups along the way), the stewards & stewardesses were friendly, a variety of movies and entertainment programs but the food sucks. I had spicy fish with a glass of white. I know I know... too early to drink.. hehe.. Thanks to William for lending me his Ipod, was listening to Trance Around The World and it's like a lullaby! I dozed off like a baby. Well, they said you get tipsy faster at high altitudes..Maybe?

Done with custom check & baggage reclaim.. I went to top-up my Octopus card, refer to the link and it'll briefly explains. What i love about it: It's so convenient and fast, just like 'Touch and GO'. Don't have to keep loose change... You can practically use it everywhere. Not in shopping malls and restaurants of course! Another tick on my checklist. Then, I took the airport express train to Hong Kong (central). It didn't take that long to reach the city, approximately 1/2 hour. Mandarin Oriental was so near the train station, just a few minutes walk.. Just that there are a few flight of stairs to climb, what a workout after landing!! Checked in the hotel and the room is elegantly decorated in a unique style with a tinge of Chinese Tradition. Simply beautiful!! Here are some pictures I took:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usDone with unpacking my clothes

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usLittle bugger boo

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usMy 6 years old HP lappie. Still functioning well =P

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usAfter unpacking I went out to get dinner but couldn't find a single restaurant that opens at that hour. Took a few pictures of and went back to the hotel and ordered room service, 'Wanton Noodles'...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usBeautiful ain't it?!?!?!


Image Hosted by ImageShack.usComplimentary drinks

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usWanton Noodles

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usMmm... This is Berrilicious!!

Gonna hit the bed soon. After meal syndrome is slowly kicking in 'sleepy'. Will log off soon. Okay peeps.. Sleep tight and sweet dreams. Will update about my outings tomorrow aights? P/S: I didn't manage to post this up last night! hahaha... I thought i clicked on 'Publish Post'! Well guess not. hehe.. Just woke up not too long ago, went to the cafe for breakfast , I had eggs benedict, not as yummy as the one in Melbourne (Babka Cafe on Brunswick street. Talking about Melbourne.. I miss Melbourne!!! okay... deviate too far. Back to HK. Sleep was so good!! Slept like a baby *grin*. Meeting a friend for lunch later at 1pm and we'll see where to explore. Till then, Take care and have a splendid day!!