Wednesday, April 15, 2009

My Second Artwork

People often say, art is subjective. I believe that artwork is correlated to TASTE, which i think is just a matter of personal preference. Each one of you has things you like, but no one’s preferences are any better than anyone else’s. Not saying that my artwork is better…I am just referring it in a general context.

Art has its audience, like a target market (in marketing terminology). Good art has a purpose which is to “interest” its audience. Some artworks give you a serene mind, some are meant to shock you, and others to please. Interest can vary, that’s why art is subjective.

My second artwork is very different from the first one. I tried exploring into different areas to find out where my creativity lies and through intuition i came out with something that totally blew my mind off. I was like “huh, what’s this? Oh well…”

Often while typing i have no idea what words are going to come onto my screen until they are there. Am sure you once tried typing your scattered thoughts running in your mind, right? I don’t think of sentences instead I’m usually visualising or trying to capture that memory and picture it in my head then come the words. Weird huh?

My artwork goes through the same process.. I don’t sketch, i don't plan, i don’t think of the colour schemes/shapes/size etc etc… I just let my imagination runs…I just click, click, click…. TaDa!! Hence,it’s so different from the first artwork. Well, let me ask you this ‘Can you decipher my artwork? What was i thinking? Do you have any clue what is hanging on your wall, if you have a painting? Is beauty really in the eye of the beholder?' Some might say 'No..not for the herd'. Feel free to drop your few cents here.


Playing with the Blending options