Monday, April 6, 2009

::Seeing Through::

Sigh

It has been more than four months into the New Year. I thought initially that New Year is indeed a good time when we can start everything on a fresh note. I believe many people would have resolved to be a better person or to live a healthier lifestyle or to excel in their career or to improve their relationships with loved ones and people around you.

Well, there’s this quote I would like to share that I personally think it’s meaningful.

“new year is a time for us to redeem ourselves; to set things right and to right any wrongdoings and to relive our lives."

I am grateful that I am still alive and writing this at this moment. I have learnt that if I wanted to do any good, I have to learn more about myself and I came to understand others as well. Have you ever been in such a situation whereby you misunderstood someone or jump immediately to the conclusion, only to realize it later that you were actually wrong? Please feel free to share with me and enlighten me from my ignorance.

At first I was pretty upset the fact that people start judging by mere appearances and skimming the surface of things. No one truly knows us, as much as they may think that they do. We ourselves do not even totally know ourselves. So tell me, how is it that someone else could possibly? They are only seeing the portion of yourself that you’re allowing them to see or portray yourself to be. What a friend told me is TRUE.. “You cannot control external forces. Why do you have to care so much? So as long as you think what you’re doing and how you’re dealing with things are correct.” “Friends do not judge and those who judge aren’t yours. You cannot please everyone.” What? You knew that simple truth a long time ago? Alright, I admit I am slow in some areas; better late than never.

Mirror_MirrorI have been using to remind myself to be more understanding and to always do my best to look at things from a telescopic view. When it comes to people, I am even more cautious, and because of this, I have not been letting people in or being a mystery/enigma. I am one of those that have many acquaintances, but very few people I consider to be friends, and I shower all of my love on those few. This fact, often times, bothers me, because I want to be able to give freely of myself to all people without reservation, or expectation of anything in return. Everyone has something special to offer, even if you have to look a little harder with some than others, to find it, and bring it to the surface.

I am very careful about who and what I allow into my life. Anyway that you look at it, it is a shield I attempt to build around myself. Although, those around us, see a part of us, and things about our character, as bystanders and observers, that we are unable to be objective enough to see; but then again, they are looking through the eyes of their own bias and perceptions, that have been formed through their own life experiences. Well, I am just learning through the eyes of another.

As I took in another breath, I am filled with gratitude to have friends around to help me go through the toil that has taken on me. Another quote to share:

The important thing to know is that life will always deal us a few bad cards. But we have to play those cards the best we can. And we can play to win!”

It’s strange how life works sometimes, but if you play your hand right, your hurts become part of your healing. We spend so much of our lives trying to get to know other people and what makes them tick, but we never seem to stop and try to get to know, and understand the one person that matters the most.

Face the fear. Dare to meet the most wonderful person you will ever know…YOURSELF. .